Identifying External Funding Opportunities with PIVOT
June 1 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Are you interested in finding new external funding opportunities for your research or program? PIVOT is a library database that indexes funding announcements from government agencies, private foundations and nonprofits, and international sponsors. It contains information from disciplines including (but not limited to) medicine, the physical and social sciences, as well as engineering.
PIVOT allows users to easily limit results by criteria including citizenship, geographic location, or career stage. PIVOT Funding Alerts provide a weekly, individualized notification of new & updated funding opportunities based on the user’s saved searches.
At this seminar you will learn how to:
- Find grant opportunities to support your research
- Find awards, scholarships and travel support opportunities
- Set up COS Funding Alert for weekly, individualized notifications based on your needs/interests
- Learn how to describe your research interest in the context of funding opportunities
Facilitator: Amy Robb, Associate Director, Prospective Research and Funding Opportunities, Corporate and Foundation Relations, MGH Development Office
Create Your Pivot Account Today!
Set up a username and password to access the database, save searches, and track individual funding opportunities.
- Go to https://pivot.proquest.com/register#signup_email.
- Use your partners.org or harvard.edu email address and select Harvard University as the affiliated institution.
- Once you’ve created a password, you’ll receive an automated email message. Click on the link provided in that message to confirm your account.
- Login to the database using your email and password.
The Center for Faculty Development also provides individual consultations in the use of Pivot. Sign up for an individual consultation with Amy Robb for an introduction to Pivot content, its features, and search strategies for diversifying your funding portfolio.