- This event has passed.
Setting a Course for Better Work-life Balance A 5-week Workshop Series for Women Faculty (closed)
March 1 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am EST
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until March 29, 2022
This course is closed to selected participants only.
Are you challenged to find and maintain work-life balance? Are you feeling stretched thin and unsure what to change? Do you long for more connection with other women faculty at MGH?
The Office for Women’s Careers and MGPO Frigoletto Committee for Physician Well-Being are excited to partner with physician coach Diane W. Shannon, MD, MPH to offer a 5-week online workshop series for early career faculty (instructors and assistant professors) who identify as women. The cost will be covered by the MGH Office for Women’s Careers and MGPO Frigoletto Committee for Physician Well-Being.
Women in medicine face unique challenges. Many of these can be mitigated with heightened awareness, shifting one’s mindset, and practicing new skills. This interactive workshop series will provide an opportunity for MGH women faculty to connect with peers and practice new skills to improve their work-life balance.
Upon completion of this activity, participants were able to:
- Identify the obstacles that send your life out of balance
- Discover the places where you have agency to make changes to improve your work-life balance
- Use the wisdom of the group to craft an action plan to achieve better work-life balance
- Learn practices to build your bandwidth so you can show up as the best version of you
- Connect with other professional women at MGH in a confidential, safe space
Facilitator: Diane W. Shannon, MD, MPH, certified professional coach.