- This event has passed.
September 12 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm EDT
The Division of Emergency Medicine Book Club invites you to:
Making History- “The Exceptions: Nancy Hopkins, MIT, and the Fight for Women in Science” by Kate Zernike
Special Event: Live at Folkman Auditorium and via Zoom;
Panel begins at 4 PM, Meeting panelists and book signing starting at 5:30 PM
- Nancy Hopkins, Amgen Professor Emerita of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Kate Zernike, National Correspondent for New York Times
- Marcia McNutt, President, National Academy of Sciences
- Robert Birgeneau, Chancellor Emeritus, UC Berkeley
- Nancy Andrews, Executive VP, CSO at BCH; Home Secretary, National Academy of Sciences
- Moderated by Eman Ansari, Division of Emergency Medicine, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, HMS
Hosted by the Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer, the Office of Faculty Development, the Office of Health Equity and Inclusion, the Division of Emergency Medicine, and the Network Community of Care Program.
This is a special event, and space will be limited. Zoom registration details to follow.
Copies of the book will be available at the Boston Children’s Hospital library, local public libraries, and from standard vendors. For assistance in borrowing a copy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org