- This event has passed.
Grant Administration Course-Session 1: Budget and Insight Oversight, Tracking, and Management
June 8, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
The Office for Research Careers has created a 3-session course on Grant Administration & Management for junior PIs looking to gain more familiarity and experience with grant management. All sessions will be structured with ample time for discussion and questions from participants.
This session on Budget Management and Insight Tracking covers:
- Following Sponsor Guidelines and Rules
- Best Practices and methods for reviewing charges and budget expenditures
- Allocating % Effort
- Monthly Tasks for Effective Fund Management
- Creating and Closing Funds
Presenter: Matt Mues, BA, Senior Finance Manager, Center for Systems Biology
Other sessions in the series:
- Session 2 – (June 23): Managing Changes in Your Science facilitated by Bakhos Tannous, PhD, Professor of Neurology at HMS; Director of the Postdoctoral Division at MGH; Director of the Experimental Therapeutics Unit at MGH
- Session 3 – (June 30): Hiring & Conflict Management facilitated by Lotfi Merabet, PhD, MPH, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology at HMS; Director, Laboratory of Ophthalmology at MEEI