- This event has passed.
Career Dev Panel Series 2: “Take on a Major Admin Role”
October 6 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Career Development Panel Series 2 – Whether and How to Take on a Major Administrative Role
Drawing on faculty interest, the Center for Faculty Development has organized a series of four webinars on specific aspects of academic career development, whether to build toward promotion consideration or to enrich professional knowledge and experience. Learn more about where to find and how to join initiatives or committees of interest, the dimensions of major administrative roles, how and when to get involved on an editorial board, and, ultimately, when it makes sense to say yes to a new responsibility—or decline the opportunity.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Recognize trade-offs required to take on a major administrative role as it relates to clinical practice, academia, and family
- Differentiate how major administrative roles can be integrated with grant-funded research
- Recognize the career trajectory of different types of faculty administrative roles
Target Audience: This activity is intended for faculty and faculty trainees.
Course Director: Miriam A. Bredella, MD, Director, Center for Faculty Development; Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Shannon E. Scott-Vernaglia, MD, Associate Chief for Clinical Faculty Development, Department of Pediatrics
Rachel C. Sisodia, MD, Chief Quality Officer, Corporate Administration
Jason H. Wasfy, MD, MPhil, Medical Director, Massachusetts General Physicians Organization
Kristin White, PhD, Co-Chair, Subcommittee on the Review of Research Proposals
In support of improving patient care, Mass General Brigham is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mass General Brigham designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Career Development Panel Series
– Session 1 How to Get Involved in Initiatives and Committee Work on Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 4-5 pm
– Session 3 When and How to Get Involved on an Editorial Board or NIH Study Section on Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 12-1 pm
– Session 4 When to say “Yes” on Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 1-2 pm