- This event has passed.
Career Dev Panel Series 1: “Get Involved in Initiatives and Committee Work”
September 7, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Provided by MGH Center for Faculty Development & Mass General Brigham
Career Development Panel Series 1 –
How to Get Involved in Initiatives and Committee Work
Drawing on faculty interest, the Center for Faculty Development has organized a series of four webinars on specific aspects of academic career development, whether to build toward promotion consideration or to enrich professional knowledge and experience. Learn more about where to find and how to join initiatives or committees of interest, the dimensions of major administrative roles, how and when to get involved on an editorial board, and, ultimately, when it makes sense to say yes to a new responsibility—or decline the opportunity.
Upon completion of this activity, participants were able to:
- Identify committees relevant to career and of interest
- Discuss ways to investigate in more depth an initiative or committee of interest
- Illustrate best approaches to conveying an interest in getting involved in an initiative or on a committee
Target Audience: This activity is intended for faculty and faculty trainees.
Course Director: Miriam A. Bredella, MD, Director, Center for Faculty Development; Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Darshan H. Mehta, MD, MPH, Education Director, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and Director, CFD’s Office for Well-Being
Andrew A. Nierenberg, MD, Co-Director, Center for Clinical Research Education
Kerri Palamara McGrath, MD, Director, Center for Physician Well-being, Department of Medicine
Bakhos A. Tannous, PhD, Director, CFD’s Postdoctoral Division and Director, Experimental Therapeutics and Molecular Imaging Laboratory
In support of improving patient care, Mass General Brigham is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mass General Brigham designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Career Development Panel Series
– Session 2 Whether and How to Take on a Major Administrative Role on Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 12-1 pm
– Session 3 When and How to Get Involved on an Editorial Board or NIH Study Section on Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 12-1 pm
– Session 4 When to say “Yes” on Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 1-2 pm