- This event has passed.
Career Dev Panel Series 3: “Get Involved on Editorial Board”
November 2, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
Provided by: MGH Center for Faculty Development & Mass General Brigham
Career Development Panel Series 3 –
When and How to Get Involved on an Editorial Board or NIH Study Section:
How to publish impactful editorials, perspectives, and opinion articles in scholarly journals
Drawing on faculty interest, the Center for Faculty Development has organized a series of four webinars on specific aspects of academic career development, whether to build toward promotion consideration or to enrich professional knowledge and experience. Learn more about where to find and how to join initiatives or committees of interest, the dimensions of major administrative roles, how and when to get involved on an editorial board, and, ultimately, when it makes sense to say yes to a new responsibility—or decline the opportunity.
Upon completion of this activity, participants were able to:
- Discuss ways to be involved in NIH study sections/reviewing grant applications
- Illustrate best approaches to conveying an interest in getting involved as an editorial board member or in an NIH study section
- Assess best approach to publish an impactful editorial/perspectives/opinion articles
Target Audience: This activity is intended for faculty and faculty trainees.
Course Director: Miriam A. Bredella, MD, Director, Center for Faculty Development; Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Stephen B. Calderwood, MD, Chief Emeritus of Infectious Diseases at Massachusetts General Hospital and Morton N. Swartz MD Academy Professor of Medicine (Microbiology and Immunobiology) at HMS
Darshan Mehta, MD, MPH, Education Director, Osher Center for Integrative Medicine and Director, CFD’s Office for Well-Being
In support of improving patient care, Mass General Brigham is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mass General Brigham designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Career Development Panel Series
– Session 1 How to Get Involved in Initiatives and Committee Work on Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 4-5 pm
– Session 2 Whether and How to Take on a Major Administrative Role on Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 12-1 pm
– Session 4 When to say “Yes” on Tuesday, December 13, 2022 at 1-2 pm