- This event has passed.
Career Dev Panel Series 4: “When to say “‘Yes'”
December 13, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
Provided by: MGH Center for Faculty Development & Mass General Brigham
Career Development Panel Series 4 –
When to say “Yes”
Drawing on faculty interest, the Center for Faculty Development organized a series of four webinars on specific aspects of academic career development, whether to build toward promotion consideration or to enrich professional knowledge and experience. Learn more about where to find and how to join initiatives or committees of interest, the dimensions of major administrative roles, how and when to get involved on an editorial board, and, ultimately, when it makes sense to say yes to a new responsibility—or decline the opportunity.
Upon completion of this activity, participants were able to:
- Recognize the challenges posed by having 168 hours each week and being nice
- Identify the opportunities you should always say yes to
- Discuss the opportunities with colleagues that you should likely say no to
- Recommend mentees/colleagues to help further their careers when you are unable to say yes to requests/invitations
Kenneth A. Freedberg, MD, Director, Medical Practice Evaluation Center, Department of Medicine, MGH and Professor of Medicine, HMS
Karen K. Miller, MD, Chief, Neuroendocrine Unit, MGH and Professor of Medicine, HMS
Jennifer S. Temel, MD, Clinical Director, Thoracic Oncology Center, MGH and Professor of Medicine, HMS
In support of improving patient care, Mass General Brigham is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Mass General Brigham designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Career Development Panel Series
– Session 1 How to Get Involved in Initiatives and Committee Work on Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 4-5 pm
– Session 2 Whether and How to Take on a Major Administrative Role on Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 12-1 pm
– Session 3 When and How to Get Involved on an Editorial Board or NIH Study Section on Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 12-1 pm